Accessibility statement for Kela’s Info Tray website
This statement was created on 31 August 2022. This statement was last updated on 19 April 2023.
The accessibility of this online service has been evaluated at Kela. The service is under constant development, and the accessibility of any new sections will be assessed before publication.
How accessible is the website?
This online service is partially compliant with accessibility standards (WCAG 2.1, level A and AA).
Users may still encounter some accessibility issues on our website. The following is a list of known issues. If you discover a problem that is not listed here, please let us know.
- Contents or functionalities which are not yet fully accessible:
- changing the text size in your browser to 200% may not work in all places (WCAG 1.4.4)
- some images may be missing a link text or links may open in a new tab without the user being notified that this will happen (WCAG 1.1.1, 2.4.4, 3.2.4)
- some of the links on the website do not include a notification to the user that they will be opened in a new window (WCAG 3.2.1)
- Infogram and Tableau embeds are not yet fully accessible. A new solution to replace the current one is under development and will be implemented during 2023.
Content which is inaccessible because compliance would impose an unreasonable burden
The below contents or functionalities will be replaced with new services that meet accessibility requirements. Making the existing services or contents accessibility compliant is not possible or would require major financial investment in the legacy systems. This would impose an unreasonable burden on Kela.
Such content and functionalities are:
- Downloadable files
- These files will be replaced with accessible versions as soon as possible.
- Statistical Database Kelasto
- The current version will no longer be updated. It will be replaced with a new accessibility-compliant version.
- The regional overview
- The accessibility of the current system will be improved as far as possible, but the service cannot be made fully accessible using the current system.
The accessibility requirements do not apply to certain types of content
The following is a list of content on our website which is exempt from the statutory accessibility requirements:
- Files published before 23 September 2018.
- The accessibility requirements do not apply to files which were published before 23 September 2018 and which are not relevant to the rights and responsibilities of customers.
- Materials such as press releases, blog posts and statistical and research data.
- The accessibility requirements do not apply to materials archived before 23 September 2019 which are not updated and are not needed for a case pending with a government authority.
- Videos posted before 23 September 2020. These videos lack subtitles and/or audio description. There are videos also on Kela’s YouTube channel.
- The accessibility requirements do not apply to videos posted before 23 September 2020.
Alternative ways of using our services
You can request statistics in an accessible format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Give feedback on accessibility
Did you notice an issue with the accessibility of our website? Tell us about it and we will do our best to fix it.
Accessibility feedback is received by our Technical Support team.
Ongoing evaluation of accessibility
If you notice problems with the accessibility of our website, please send us feedback first. We will reply within two weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our reply or if you do not receive a reply within two weeks, you can file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (webaccessibility.fi). The Agency website contains detailed instructions for filing a report and information on how the matter will be handled.
Contact information for the Regional State Administrative Agency
Our ongoing efforts to improve accessibility on our website
We will update this statement as we fix accessibility issues.
We are committed to improving the accessibility of our online services.
The steps we are taking to ensure accessibility include the following:
- we will take accessibility requirements into account when developing our services
- we will take special care to keep our text content easily understandable
- we are integrating accessibility considerations into our procurement processes
- we provide accessibility training to our employees